One of my favorite lunch spots serves healthy Lebanese-American food. I love that they offer healthy and nutritious options on their menu like quinoa, kale, brown rice and fresh veggies. A dish I usually crave is made with well seasoned brown rice, beans, cooked vegetables, and topped with fresh Lebanese Salata. I had a serious craving for it and decided to recreate a version of my own. If you like food with a spicy kick, the mix of flavors is amazing!
Rice & Beans
- 1 Cup Della Basmati Light Brown Rice, uncooked
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 1 “Chicken” Bouillon Cube (I used Celifibr Gluten Free Vegetarian Chicken Bouillon)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, dried
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pink Himalayan Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Carton of Simply Balanced Organic Low Sodium Three Bean Blend (at Target), rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Organic Frozen Peas
- 1 Organic cucumber, chopped
- Campari Tomatoes, deseeded, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- Granulated Garlic
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Add bouillon cube to 2 cups hot water, mix well, and set aside to dissolve.
- In a large pot, on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in spices and rice and mix well, cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- Add bouillon water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until water has absorbed.
- While Rice is cooking, chop cucumbers and tomatoes. Add to a medium bowl, and add lemon juice, parsley, granulated garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- When rice is done cooking, add frozen peas, and beans, and stir well. Let cook 5-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add rice & beans to your bowl and top with fresh salata. Enjoy!
*You can easily add grilled chicken to this dish, as well!