Chilling sliced cucumbers in the fridge or freezer makes it easy for me to grab a couple to place over my eyes first thing in the morning, or during a busy day. The antioxidants and flavonoids help reduce irritation or puffiness, and fade dark circles. The refreshing ritual instantly relaxes me.
Lighting candles creates a serene spa vibe. I love the calming atmosphere in Anthropologie, so we brought that into our home by adding glass apothecary jars filled with sand, and our favorite scent, Capri Blue “Volcano.” Placed on our coffee table makes the room really cozy, and relaxing.
When I infuse my water with fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables I’m likely to drink it more often, because of the refreshing taste. Filling an infusion pitcher is nice for the home, but I also like to fill up water bottles so I can grab them and go. Slicing up fresh cucumbers, lemons, limes, oranges, and mint when I get home from the grocery store enables me to throw in a variety without the hassle. Infusing for 30 minutes or more really bursts with flavor.
There’s not many things more relaxing then a calming soak in the tub. A detox bath will flush out toxins, and relieve achy muscles, as well as many other benefits. I mix 2 Cups Epsom Salts with 1 Cup Baking Soda in a jar, so it’s readily available to pour in the tub. While the water is running, you can add in several drops of essential oils. Soaking for 40 minutes total will reap all of the benefits, 20 minutes of flushing out toxins, followed by 20 minutes of absorbing the minerals.
I‘m always acquiring bathroom decor with a Parisian feel. I don’t have a large amount of counter space, so a decorative cake stand is the perfect fit to keep organized.
A sweet smelling candle, body brush and bath salts are fun spa-like essentials with a decorative look. Only a few key items make a chic statement.
Coordinate using a color scheme or theme to fit your bathroom style, and give it a personal touch.
- Nordstrom ‘Butter’ Low Cut Socks – So cozy & locks in moisture after product is applied.
- Earth Therapeutics Cracked Heel Repair Stick – The stick version is so quick & simple
- Mr. Pumice Pumi Stone – This hybrid pumice/foot file is super convenient
- Philosophy Soul Owner Foot Cream – This foot cream is super-charged with salicylic and glycolic acids to help reduce rough soles.
Last week, I shared my Fall beauty buys. As the weather gets colder, my beauty routine changes to keep my skin well moisturized. To keep your pedicure fresh in between visits, follow this simple routine, to avoid rough soles, and cracked heels.
- Before showering, use a foot file to file the bottoms of feet and heels.
- While in the shower, use a pumice stone on your heels and on any calluses.
- After getting out of the shower, apply a repair stick for cracked heels.
- Lather on a softening foot cream.
- Immediately put on a pair of moisturizing socks and wear around until you’re finished getting ready.