Since a young age, I have had a strong relationship with shoes. My style is such a mixture of classic separates with a trendy infusion, and depending on my mood a little boho flair. This calls for a variety of footwear to fit my day-to-day ensembles. When it comes to shoes, I definitely don’t discriminate. Whether it’s a pair of Christian Louboutins or a great bargain find at TJ Maxx, I want to make them last. Whether they’re brand new, or ten years old, I take my favorite footwear to a cobbler to get resoled. The $20-25 price tag is well worth extending the life of your shoes.
If I’m out of town, I will usually call or visit Saks for a recommendation of the cobbler or repair shop they use. I also search websites like Yelp.com to read reviews from previous customers. If you’re short on time, it’s a good idea to call the shop ahead of time to make sure they will be done in time. The cobbler will simple attach a rubber sole to the ball of foot of the shoe. It helps to prevent scuffs, scratches, and gives the shoe traction.
Some cobblers specialize in resoling Christian Louboutins. The lipstick red rubber sole matches perfectly, without taking away the shoes’ signature touch. This was the work of Progressive Shoe Repair in Beverly Hills, they did a fabulous job and were done the next day.
These Prada pumps are my favorite shoes that I own. They are so comfortable, I can run in them. So naturally, wearing them pretty often, takes a toll. Resoling these pumps was an essential, but my next move is adding a rubber tip to the heel or added protection.
When traveling, a shoe bag is essential for protecting your shoes, as well the clothes in your suitcase. Lingerie bags work just as well.
- Nordstrom ‘Butter’ Low Cut Socks – So cozy & locks in moisture after product is applied.
- Earth Therapeutics Cracked Heel Repair Stick – The stick version is so quick & simple
- Mr. Pumice Pumi Stone – This hybrid pumice/foot file is super convenient
- Philosophy Soul Owner Foot Cream – This foot cream is super-charged with salicylic and glycolic acids to help reduce rough soles.
Last week, I shared my Fall beauty buys. As the weather gets colder, my beauty routine changes to keep my skin well moisturized. To keep your pedicure fresh in between visits, follow this simple routine, to avoid rough soles, and cracked heels.
- Before showering, use a foot file to file the bottoms of feet and heels.
- While in the shower, use a pumice stone on your heels and on any calluses.
- After getting out of the shower, apply a repair stick for cracked heels.
- Lather on a softening foot cream.
- Immediately put on a pair of moisturizing socks and wear around until you’re finished getting ready.
As much as I love Fall, the cooler weather does a number on my skin. I tend to turn to creamy moisturizers, hand creams, and hair masks for added moisture. Currently these products are my best beauty buys for the season!
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – This was one of the goodies I received from Lucky FABB. It’s ultra-moisutrizing & leaves my hands so soft.
- Essie Penny Talk – I’m in love with this copper metallic hue.
- Essie Recessionista – Another add to the wine family collection so hot this Fall.
- Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Enchanted – This lip tint is amazing, it lasts all day. Enchanted is a great Fall hue.
- Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine – This lip butter is so silky. I love the subtle tint of color.
- TwistBand in Cranberry – I’ve acquired quite the collection of these hair ties & headbands. The ultimate solution to hair kinks from hair elastics.
- CND Cuticle Eraser – I can’t get enough of this product. It keeps my cuticles well moisturized.
- Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask – This product is so great when temperatures start to drop, and your hair needs a boost of hydration.
I have found the perfect solution to repair dry, chapped lips. Mary Kay sells a life changing set called Satin Lips, which consists of a Lip Mask and Balm. Along with my coveted Kiehl’s Lip Balm, they create a powerful force that can transform any pout to be silky and smooth. Apply the Lip Mask for 2-5 minutes, remove with a tissue. Next apply Kiehl’s Lip Balm. Lastly, apply Mary Kay Lip Balm. You won’t believe how long the combo keeps your lips moisturized.