I have a serious weakness for Mexican dishes! I put a healthy spin on your typical Taco Tuesday, minus the calories, but full of flavor. The superfood loaded dish makes it a guilt-free indulgence.
Yields 1 Entree Sized Serving
1/4 C Quinoa, dry
2 C Hearts of Romaine, chopped
1/2 C Black Beans, no-salt added or dried & cooked
1/4 Avocado, sliced
1 Roma Tomato, diced
1 T Salsa
Juice of Fresh Lime
Wow-A-Chihuahua (Whole Foods) or your own blend of cumin, cayenne, garlic, chili, cilantro, onion & red pepper
- Place quinoa in a pot with 1/2 C water, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and let simmer, until the water is absorbed.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking, mix in Mexican Seasoning and lime juice, and stir well.
- Chop romaine and place in a bowl.
- Scoop the seasoned quinoa onto the greens.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and top with salsa.
2-3 Small Organic Corn Tortillas
1/4 Avocado, Chopped
1 Small Roma Tomato, Chopped
1-2 T Daiya Pepper Jack
2 t Wow A Chihuahua
Juice of 1/2 Fresh Lime
Layer ingredients on tortillas, and bake in toaster oven until cheese is melted.