Top: Wildfox Couture | Denim: Mango | Shoes: TJ Maxx (similar) | Earrings: TJ Maxx (similar) | Bracelet: David Yurman | Ring: David Yurman | Lips: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivds Lip Color Fuchsia Flash
1. Jacket | 2. Earrings | 3. Sweater Top | 4. Shorts | 5. Colorblock Top | 6. Skirt | 7. Colorblock Oxfords | 8. Skirt | 9. Colorblock Heels | 10. Dress | 11. Metallic Heels | 12. Necklace | 13. Colorblock Top | 14. Trench | 15. Floral Dot Print Top | 16. Printed Pants | 17. Belt | 18. Skirt | 19. Heels | 20. Crossbody
I love getting asked by friends and family how to pair items they own different ways. One of my favorite parts of fashion is styling looks, so I was excited to share when a TSS reader, Sheri, asked how she can pair her new red and black tuxedo blazer.
The great thing about a red blazer is that the bold hue is such a statement piece. Throw it on over basics, and it’s the ultimate fashion update. There are endless options to pairing this piece, so I put together three looks to show you how this piece will surely expand your wardrobe, using pieces you might already own.
This look puts a trendy spin on your most simple basics. An ankle boot is can be sported year round, and simple embellishment is a sleek touch. This look can be worn for day or night.
For days you want to be comfortable, yet chic, riding boots are key. A black jegging gives the look of comfort, without looking sloppy. Complete your look with a simple silver boyfriend watch.
A textured blouse is a great staple to pair with bold pieces. A trendy cap toe heel, and shimmery clutch make this look night time approved.
Thanks for your question, Sheri! I hope this gives you inspiration to pair your blazer endless ways!
If you have a style question or need inspiration or an item(s) in your closet, send them my way!
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel
- Prada Platform Pump
- Essie Nail Polish in Bordeaux
- RBG Nail Polish in Oxblood
- Mango Bow Leather Gloves
- Ann Taylor Embossed Leather Belt
- TOPSHOP Structured Blazer
- Proenza Schouler PS1 Wallet
- Ash Bea Wedge Sneaker
Cozy up to Fall with rich fine wines. The deep hued palette is quite the transition from Summer’s brights and neons. It’s a sleek alternative for basic neutrals. If you’re not ready to dive in to the trend just yet, add a dose of bordeaux to your ensemble with sleek accents.