All about the basics. I love pairing a casual piece with something less casual for contrast, like a dress and these sneaks.
I don’t think there’s any catalog I get more excited to dive into than when the shiny J.Crew one arrives at my doorstep. I’m so intrigued to see what fab pieces are sprinkled throughout it for the upcoming season. The edgy touch upon their classic pieces this Fall has me swooning over every. single. item.
I love getting asked by friends and family how to pair items they own different ways. One of my favorite parts of fashion is styling looks, so I was excited to share when a TSS reader, Sheri, asked how she can pair her new red and black tuxedo blazer.
The great thing about a red blazer is that the bold hue is such a statement piece. Throw it on over basics, and it’s the ultimate fashion update. There are endless options to pairing this piece, so I put together three looks to show you how this piece will surely expand your wardrobe, using pieces you might already own.
This look puts a trendy spin on your most simple basics. An ankle boot is can be sported year round, and simple embellishment is a sleek touch. This look can be worn for day or night.
For days you want to be comfortable, yet chic, riding boots are key. A black jegging gives the look of comfort, without looking sloppy. Complete your look with a simple silver boyfriend watch.
A textured blouse is a great staple to pair with bold pieces. A trendy cap toe heel, and shimmery clutch make this look night time approved.
Thanks for your question, Sheri! I hope this gives you inspiration to pair your blazer endless ways!
If you have a style question or need inspiration or an item(s) in your closet, send them my way!
Straw bags are no longer meant for just days in the sand. I love how the classic tote has taken to the streets with leather trim, studded detail, and colored hues. Towels are no longer the only thing you will be toting, this season. The functional style and detail make it easily accessible to carry your essentials in carefree style.
- Michael Michael Kors Sloan Straw Clutch
- J.Crew Brompton Straw Clutch
- Target Blue Straw Clutch
- Proenza Schouler PS1 Keep All Small Straw
- Rebecca Minkoff Straw Boyfriend Tote
- Rebecca Minkoff Straw Affair
It seems as if no matter the size of my handbag, it’s always filled to capacity. During the Winter months, I tend to carry more items than usual. These are my Winter essentials.
1. Chanel Wallet / 2. Gap Leather Gloves / 3. Tracy Reese Statement Necklace / 4. Organic Peppermint Mints / 5. Valentino iPad Case & iPad / 6. Tea & Stevia / 7. Travel Size Burberry Classic Perfume / 8. Winter Essentials: Eurcerin Hand Cream, Aquaphor Lip Repair, CND Solar Oil / 9. Makeup: Eye Shadow, Kubuki Brush, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Blush
Easily emergency-proof your handbag. Travel size fixes can come in handy, without the weighing down your bag.
1. Downy Wrinkle Release / 2. Lint Roller / 3. Dr. Scholl’s For Her Insoles / 4. Dr. Scholl’s Blister Treatment Bandages / 5. Hollywood Fashion Tape / 6. Tide To Go Instant Stain Remover / 7. John Frieda Full Repair / 8. Travel Size Advil