It’s been feeling like Fall as of late (and I love it!) I had a serious craving for tortilla soup yesterday and I found this amazing recipe. Using fresh veggies from a local farm, this soup was so delicious! It’s vegan and gluten free, but you can easily add shredded chicken to it for a chicken tortilla soup. I added gluten free, GMO-free tortilla strips, instead of making my own. Such a great dish for a Summer transition into Fall.
This fruity refresher is set to make any hour happy. The perfect combo of sweet meets tart flavor is made with minimal calories. Serve virgin or add alcohol of choice.
Makes 1 large or 2 small glasses
Juice of 2 lemons
6 oz frozen strawberries
1/2 cup water
1 packet stevia
Blend all ingredients in Margaritaville or high speed blender. Serve immediately.
You would never believe this Summer treat is packed with Shakeology superfoods, antioxidants, protein and probiotics. It’s so simple to make and no-guilt! Enjoy!
Chocolate Vanilla Bean Espresso Almond Butter Shakeology Ice Cream
1 Scoop Vegan Chocolate Shakeology
1 frozen Banana, sliced into chunks
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Vanilla Bean Espresso Almond Butter
Place almond milk, banana, shakeology, and almond butter in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Top with your favorite nuts or coconut shreds.
Adapted from this recipe.
Fall is my favorite season, crisp weather, pretty foliage, pumpkin everything and I feel like it’s the time I can get most creative with fashion. Last year I posted a guilt-free PSL (& some yummy 3 ingredient pumpkin cookies), but this year the modified version is even easier to get you right out the door. By the way, how cute is this planner?
Guilt-Free & Fast Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 8 oz Vanilla Almond Milk (sweetened or unsweetened, I like Silk Brand)
- 10 oz Coffee
- 3 T Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Shakes Cinnamon
- 2 Shakes Nutmeg
- 2 Shakes Allspice
- 2 Drops of Vanilla Creme Stevia or 1 Packet Stevia (optional)
- In a Vitamix or high-speed blender add almond milk, pumpkin puree, spices & stevia (optional)
- Pour blended ingredients over your coffee and stir well (cute straw optional)
It may not be Fall just yet, but the sweet aroma of caramel and pumpkin are on display when you walk into any candle store, as well as easily be swapped for your regular latte at your local coffee spot. I love the Autumn inspired taste of a fab pumpkin latte, but sans the added sugar and calories. I made this Tone It Up inspired Pumpkin Spice Latte, along with my favorite 3-Ingredient Protein Cookies (which I’ve featured, previously) but with my own Fall inspired spin. Enjoy!
Guilt-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 8oz Water
- Handful of Raw Almonds
- 2-3 T Pumpkin Puree
- 3 shakes Cinnamon
- 2 shakes Nutmeg
- 2 shakes Allspice
- 2 drops of Vanilla Creme Stevia or 1 Packet of Stevia
- 8-10oz Coffee
- In a Vitamix or high-speed blender add water and almonds and blend until reached an almond milk consistency.
- Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and Stevia.
- Blend ingredients together.
- Pour coffee into a glass or mug, and pour almond milk/pumpkin puree mixture on top. Mix well.
Iced Coffee Version – add coffee to blender, pour into glass filled with ice cubes
“Frappucino” Version – add coffee to blender, and continue to blend ice cubes until desired consistency is reached.
Add a scoop of Protein Powder, and ice cubes making it a yummy pre/post-workout treat
3+ Ingredient Pumpkin Protein Cookies (Yields 12)
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
- 1 C Oats
- 1 Scoop/Packet Protein Powder
- 2 T Almond Milk or Water
- Sliced Almonds (optional)
- Walnuts (optional)
- Cacao Nibs (optional)
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- Mix together banana and pumpkin.
- Add protein powder and mix well. Add almond milk/water if needed.
- Add oats, and once incorporated add spices, nuts, and cacao nibs.
- Drop onto cookies sheet, using spoon and flatten.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes until cooked.
Enjoy warm with your Guilt-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte!
I’ve been traveling excessively lately, and I’m always trying to come up with innovative recipes to stick with clean eating, but also store well. I whipped together a guilt-free green goddess bowl, sans oil, yet loaded with nutrients and flavor.
- Hemp Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Nutritional Yeast
- Steam kale and peas. When I’m in a rush, a microwavable steamer works really well. I buy organic frozen peas, they’re are a great quick dinner staple.
- Dice zucchini tomatoes. Mix in large mixing bowl with kale and peas.
- Add hemp seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, spices, and nutritional yeast to taste.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon and apple cider vinegar and mix well. Can be served hot or cold for an easy Summer go to. Enjoy!
It’s the start of Summer which means BBQs, picnics and cookouts will soon start to fill your weekend agenda. This raw “pasta” salad is a healthy option for a hot day, and loaded with flavor and antioxidants.
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Garlic, minced
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon
- Optional: Drizzle of Olive Oil
Using a vegetable spiral slicer, slice the zucchini and carrots. Chop tomatoes and jicama. Add pumpkin seeds and spices and vinegar to taste. Mix together and serve!
Sticking to healthy eating during the holidays can be tricky. Luckily, there are numerous holiday inspired recipes that can keep us in check, without missing out on the flavor. These vegan and gluten-free dishes are some of my favorite!