I’m a couple weeks into my second trimester, and I’ve gained back so much energy, and have been feeling great! My appetite has been in overdrive, but I’ve been working out three days per week, which feels amazing!
- Maternity Tanks – These tanks are super comfy, and so versatile. I’ve paired them everything from plaid flannels to cozy knit dusters. They’re great basics for layering.
2. BumpNest Pillow – As my second trimester approached, sleep was getting more and more uncomfortable. Between trying to get comfy with 7 pillows to support my neck, bump, knees and feet, and getting up to pee once per hour, I knew I had to find a pregnancy pillow. The amount shapes and styles is overwhelming. So I started with the only one I found in store, The Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow. I know people that love it, but it wasn’t for me. It wasn’t fluffy enough, and lacked neck and back support I needed, and the velcro was loud when I turned in the night. Next, I ordered the Snoogle. It was great compared to the Boppy, giving back and bump support, but I constantly found myself waking up on my back throughout the night, because of the design, and it was very firm. Third times a charm! I ordered the BumpNest Pillow. Finally, a pillow that supports my bump, back, neck, knees and feet, and is extremely soft and comfortable. I stay sleeping on my side all night, also. If you’re having trouble sleeping, a pregnancy pillow is worth every penny!
3. Lip Balm – My lips seem to be dry all of the time. I love Honest’s all natural lip balms. They’re silky and smell amazing.
4. Pregnancy Journal – A friend gifted me a pregnancy journal, right after we found out I was pregnant. I love keeping track of such a special time in my life.
5. Slippers – Slipping into a cozy pair of slippers on days where my feet are aching, by the end of the day feels amazing. These ones are my favorite.
6. Hand Sanitizer – Being pregnant and sick is no fun. I love this chemical-free hand sanitizer, that’s also toddler-friendly.
7. Active Maternity Series on Beachbody on Demand – Second Trimester: Get Strong At my first doctor’s appointment, I asked if there were any exercises I shouldn’t be doing, and my doctor responded jumping jacks, plyometrics or using a treadmill. There are jumping jacks in the second trimester workout, but I just modify them. It’s great to have a workout designed with safe exercises to stay fit, and help get prepared for labor, and are less than 25 minutes! If you’re interested in the workout email me at email@example.com [*Consult with your doctor before beginning any type of fitness program.]
8. Maternity Denim – I was surprised to find how in love with maternity denim I would be! From a perfect skinny fit, to cute distressed styles and washes, this brand is my favorite, I have 4 different variations.