I could always go for Mexican food, but in honor of Cinco de Mayo I had to of course whip up a delish vegan dish packed with festive flavor.
1 (16 oz) can Vegetarian Refried Beans
1 oz Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
12 oz Vegan Sour Cream
8 oz Vegan Cream Cheese
3 Ripe Avocados
Organic Lime Juice, to taste
Garlic Powder, to taste
2 T fresh cilantro leaves
Jar of Salsa or a variety mixed
1 Large Tomato, diced
1 Organic Green Pepper, diced
1/4 of bunch of Green Onions, chopped
1.5 C Daiya Cheddar Cheese
3 oz Black Olives, Sliced
- Make homemade taco seasoning and mix well with refried beans. Layer in the bottom of a 8×8 dish.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese well and layer on top of refried beans mixture.
- Mash the flesh of the avocados, add lime juice and garlic powder to taste and mix in cilantro. Layer on top of sour cream mixture.
- Add a layer of salsa.
- Layer on tomato.
- Next add green pepper.
- Layer green onion on top.
- Distribute shredded lettuce evenly.
- Sprinkle on cheese.
- Finally add sliced olives to the top layer.