After perusing through a zillion patriotic inspired manicures on Pinterest, I was determined to recreate a star-spangled look myself. Surprisingly, this manicure can be done in minutes–a speedy top coat is much to thank for it!
What You Need:
Base Coat – I like Deborah Lippmann Rehydrating Base Coat
Fast Drying Top Coat – Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Nail Coat is absolutely fabulous
Red, White, Blue, Gold, Glitter lacquer
- Attach an end of a lengthy piece of tape onto a counter or table. Apply two coats of blue lacquer to the tape and let dry completely.
- Apply two coats of red lacquer to your thumb, pointer, and pinky fingers.
- Apply two coats of gold lacquer to your middle finger.
- Apply two coats of white lacquer to your ring finger.
- Once dry, apply two coats of gold glitter lacquer over the already polished gold nail.
- Cut the painted tape into thin identical strips.
- Once completely dry, place two tape strips one at a time, evenly over the white painted nails.
- Using scissors, trim the ends of the tape strips to fit evenly over your nails.
- Apply one coat of a fast drying top coat to all nails.
- Apply an additional top coat layer over nails with the applied tape strips.