base coat, beauty, blue, butter london, Deborah Lippmann, dior, essie, fifth avenue, gold glitter, manicure, nails, nautical, Patriotic, red, seche vite, Snow White, stripes, the full Monty, top coat, tuxedo, west end wonderland, white
After perusing through a zillion patriotic inspired manicures on Pinterest, I was determined to recreate a star-spangled look myself. Surprisingly, this manicure can be done in minutes–a speedy top coat is much to thank for it!
What You Need:
Base Coat – I like Deborah Lippmann Rehydrating Base Coat
Fast Drying Top Coat – Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Nail Coat is absolutely fabulous
Red, White, Blue, Gold, Glitter lacquer
- Attach an end of a lengthy piece of tape onto a counter or table. Apply two coats of blue lacquer to the tape and let dry completely.
- Apply two coats of red lacquer to your thumb, pointer, and pinky fingers.
- Apply two coats of gold lacquer to your middle finger.
- Apply two coats of white lacquer to your ring finger.
- Once dry, apply two coats of gold glitter lacquer over the already polished gold nail.
- Cut the painted tape into thin identical strips.
- Once completely dry, place two tape strips one at a time, evenly over the white painted nails.
- Using scissors, trim the ends of the tape strips to fit evenly over your nails.
- Apply one coat of a fast drying top coat to all nails.
- Apply an additional top coat layer over nails with the applied tape strips.