These stuffed peppers are one of my Sunday staples. I’m always craving them, so I usually end up making them every couple weeks, because they’re so delicious! I make my homemade tomato sauce first and let it simmer a few hours. If you don’t have the time, a couple jars/cartons (60 oz total) of organic tomato sauce will work just fine. They also freeze well, for a quick dinner.
4 Organic Green Bell Peppers
1 Cup Quinoa, cooked (I season mine while it is cooking with parsley, oregano & black pepper)
2 Veggie Patties, microwaved (I use Amy’s Sonoma Burgers)
1/4 Cup Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Shreds (I use Daiya)
1/4 Cup Vegan, GF Breadcrumbs (optional)
1/4 Cup Dried Parsley
1/4 of an Onion, diced
1 – 2 Flax “Egg(s)” (For 1 Flax “Egg”: Mix 1 T Flax Meal with 3 T Warm Water, let sit for a couple minutes)
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
60 oz Homemade or Organic Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Wash peppers. Cut around the stem(s) and remove.
3. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and place in a 9 x 13″ pan.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients, except for sauce, in a large bowl. One flax egg should hold all the ingredients together well. (If not, use two flax eggs total)
4. Spoon mixture into peppers, filling them and packing them.
5. Pour sauce all over peppers, filling the pan almost covering them.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy :)