Shakeology nixes a lot of my sweets cravings, but this refreshing “dessert” is actually packed with health benefits. Chia seeds are high in antioxidants, protein, omega 3’s, dietary fiber and vitamins and minerals. This means they help with keeping skin looking young, aid in digestive health, promote heart health, boost your metabolism, and promote muscle building and weight loss.
It makes a great “treat” for breakfast, snack or dessert, and fits into the 21 Day Fix meal plan. How cute are these footed dessert dishes?
21 Day Fix Approved Chia Seed Pudding
4 oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp Rolled Oats
1 Drop Vanilla Creme Stevia (optional)
Mango, Strawberries, Blueberries (or fruit of choice)
Add chia seeds, oats, almond milk, and stevia (optional) to bowl. Mix well. Let sit overnight (for best consistency.) Add fresh or frozen fruit of choice. Enjoy!
1 Orange | 1 Yellow | 1 Purple (depending on the amount of fruit added)
A lot has happened since my last post. I took my passion of sharing recipes, nutrition and fitness and became a health and fitness coach, we moved into a new house, and I got married! Now that things have settled down, I’m back and combining my usual healthy recipes, along with beauty, home decor, and fashion relating it more to my current life as a lifestyle blog. I hope you follow along :)
- 3 Lemons
- 10 Shakes Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Packet SweetLeaf Stevia
- 1 Pitcher Purified Water
Slice one lemon, thinly and add to pitcher. Cut the remaining two lemons in half and squeeze juice from all four pieces into pitcher. Add packet of Stevia, and Cayenne Pepper. Fill pitcher with water. Refrigerate. Enjoy :)
Mexican food is my fave. Lately I’ve become obsessed with the 21 Day Fix. I’ve always eaten super healthy, but it has changed the entire way I think about food, by learning how to balance nutrition and portion control. I’ve become super innovative in recipes I make for my fiancé and I (vegan & non-vegan for him), so I had to find new ways put a healthy spin on my favorite style of food.
This tempeh taco salad is delicious and unlike most mexican dishes, it’s super light. The flavor of the spices, peppers, and onions blend perfectly with pico de gallo and guac. For a non-vegan version I made the same recipe and substituted lean ground turkey for my fiancé’s.
21 Day Fix Nutrition: 1 Red, 2 Green, 1 Blue, 1/2 teaspoon Per Serving
16 oz tempeh (or 1 lb lean ground turkey)
2 t coconut oil
bell peppers, minced (red, green, yellow, orange)
red onion, minced
3 – 4 tsp Wow-a Chihuahua Seasoning (I got mine at Whole Foods) or another taco seasoning can be substituted (salt-free options are the best route)
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (optional)
5 oz Tomato Sauce
1 C Water
Pico de Gallo (Whole Foods, Walmart, etc. have it in produce)
Guacamole (Whole Foods house-made is the best)
Daiya Cheddar or Pepper Jack Shreds
Crumble tempeh, set aside. Wash & dry lettuce, and chop. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil. Add crumbled tempeh. Let brown, then add seasoning. Mix well. Add peppers and red onion, and let cook a minute or two. Add water and sauce, and mix well. Cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes. Take off heat and let thicken. Prepare salad with lettuce, cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, and top with tempeh (or turkey) mixture.
These stuffed peppers are one of my Sunday staples. I’m always craving them, so I usually end up making them every couple weeks, because they’re so delicious! I make my homemade tomato sauce first and let it simmer a few hours. If you don’t have the time, a couple jars/cartons (60 oz total) of organic tomato sauce will work just fine. They also freeze well, for a quick dinner.
4 Organic Green Bell Peppers
1 Cup Quinoa, cooked (I season mine while it is cooking with parsley, oregano & black pepper)
2 Veggie Patties, microwaved (I use Amy’s Sonoma Burgers)
1/4 Cup Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Shreds (I use Daiya)
1/4 Cup Vegan, GF Breadcrumbs (optional)
1/4 Cup Dried Parsley
1/4 of an Onion, diced
1 – 2 Flax “Egg(s)” (For 1 Flax “Egg”: Mix 1 T Flax Meal with 3 T Warm Water, let sit for a couple minutes)
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
60 oz Homemade or Organic Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Wash peppers. Cut around the stem(s) and remove.
3. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and place in a 9 x 13″ pan.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients, except for sauce, in a large bowl. One flax egg should hold all the ingredients together well. (If not, use two flax eggs total)
4. Spoon mixture into peppers, filling them and packing them.
5. Pour sauce all over peppers, filling the pan almost covering them.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy :)
1. 10 Tips On Working From Home.. these are great to tips to staying on task (cupcakesandcashmere.com)
2. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Pre-Holiday Cleanse, I eat this way on a daily basis (no gluten, sugar, refined flours… etc) so I’m excited to try some of her recipes (goop.com)
3.. Jennifer Aniston’s Favorite Quinoa Salad.. I can’t wait to try this. It looks so good & has so many health benefits! (popsugar.com)
4. Tips for Finding Cheap Airfare Online, great especially for holiday travels or upcoming vacays (theeverygirl.com)
5. Pair with a skirt or dress for a look that’s so on trend.. The Adidas Original Stan Smith
6. How to Fake Calligraphy.. I love calligraphy everything, when a couple of our Save the Dates got skipped getting written out, this post saved me (jonesdesigncompany.com)
There’s nothing more Fall than Pumpkin Pie, so as soon as the leaves started changing and there was a cool breeze, I whipped one up. I created a hybrid with this 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Pie recipe, and this pecan crust recipe, the two together are the best of both worlds. Vegan, gluten free and guilt-free gives it even more reason to crave!
Fall is my favorite season, crisp weather, pretty foliage, pumpkin everything and I feel like it’s the time I can get most creative with fashion. Last year I posted a guilt-free PSL (& some yummy 3 ingredient pumpkin cookies), but this year the modified version is even easier to get you right out the door. By the way, how cute is this planner?
Guilt-Free & Fast Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 8 oz Vanilla Almond Milk (sweetened or unsweetened, I like Silk Brand)
- 10 oz Coffee
- 3 T Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Shakes Cinnamon
- 2 Shakes Nutmeg
- 2 Shakes Allspice
- 2 Drops of Vanilla Creme Stevia or 1 Packet Stevia (optional)
- In a Vitamix or high-speed blender add almond milk, pumpkin puree, spices & stevia (optional)
- Pour blended ingredients over your coffee and stir well (cute straw optional)
After acquiring a bunch of fresh veggies from my dad’s garden. I thought zucchini bread would be the perfect Summer treat. I found this seriously yummy recipe, and added diary free chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. It turned out so good, my fiancé could not believe it was actually vegan, and gluten free.
- 5 Recipes to get juicing (TheResidence)
- Your lips can still be super soft with this cult (& personal) fave, but in a brand new hue (sephora.com)
- The Do’s & Don’ts of Shopping A Sale (WhoWhatWear.com)
- At-home beauty DIYs from VS beach beauties (byrdie.com)
- Not ready to commit to Birks? This trendy touch on a classic style brings the latest shoe trend in full force, on the cheap (target.com)
- Revive when your mascara goes dry, with something you already have in your handbag (thebeautydepartment.com)
- DIY your own beach tote for your next sun kissed trip (theglitterguide.com)
- These coconut milk based popsicles are the perfect treat to beat the heat (thisrawsomeveganlife.com)
- 3 Ways to Disinfect Your Makeup During Breakout Season (glamour.com)