Stelle Audio Golden Audio Pillar Wireless Speaker | Vitaya ALTRUIS Rose Gold & White Edition Necklace | Simplehuman Sensor Makeup Mirror | Polaroid ‘Snap’ Instant Digital Camera | Ringly Into The Woods Emerald Smart Ring | Kate Spade New York Everpurse x Quentin Stripe Wristlet Pouch | UGG ‘Kotah Shorty’ Tech Gloves | Mira Fitness Tracker Bracelet | Polaroid ‘Zip’ Mobile Instant Photo Printer
It’s that time of year again, Holiday Gift Guides are here! Each week leading up to Christmas I’ll be sharing categorized gift ideas at numerous price points.
These are the most interesting techie gifts I’ve ever come across. Most of them left me thinking ” why didn’t I think of that?” They’re all so functional, yet so chic.
I usually make a couple vegan dishes for Thanksgiving, but ironically this is the first year I’m actually making Thanksgiving-inspired dishes, instead of my usual go-to’s. I’ve rounded up some yummy recipes, that I can’t wait to try next week. All recipes are vegan & gluten free. What are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?
Healthy Pumpkin Pie (you NEED to try this!)
I’m a couple weeks into my second trimester, and I’ve gained back so much energy, and have been feeling great! My appetite has been in overdrive, but I’ve been working out three days per week, which feels amazing!
2. BumpNest Pillow – As my second trimester approached, sleep was getting more and more uncomfortable. Between trying to get comfy with 7 pillows to support my neck, bump, knees and feet, and getting up to pee once per hour, I knew I had to find a pregnancy pillow. The amount shapes and styles is overwhelming. So I started with the only one I found in store, The Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow. I know people that love it, but it wasn’t for me. It wasn’t fluffy enough, and lacked neck and back support I needed, and the velcro was loud when I turned in the night. Next, I ordered the Snoogle. It was great compared to the Boppy, giving back and bump support, but I constantly found myself waking up on my back throughout the night, because of the design, and it was very firm. Third times a charm! I ordered the BumpNest Pillow. Finally, a pillow that supports my bump, back, neck, knees and feet, and is extremely soft and comfortable. I stay sleeping on my side all night, also. If you’re having trouble sleeping, a pregnancy pillow is worth every penny!
3. Lip Balm – My lips seem to be dry all of the time. I love Honest’s all natural lip balms. They’re silky and smell amazing.
4. Pregnancy Journal – A friend gifted me a pregnancy journal, right after we found out I was pregnant. I love keeping track of such a special time in my life.
5. Slippers – Slipping into a cozy pair of slippers on days where my feet are aching, by the end of the day feels amazing. These ones are my favorite.
6. Hand Sanitizer – Being pregnant and sick is no fun. I love this chemical-free hand sanitizer, that’s also toddler-friendly.
7. Active Maternity Series on Beachbody on Demand – Second Trimester: Get Strong At my first doctor’s appointment, I asked if there were any exercises I shouldn’t be doing, and my doctor responded jumping jacks, plyometrics or using a treadmill. There are jumping jacks in the second trimester workout, but I just modify them. It’s great to have a workout designed with safe exercises to stay fit, and help get prepared for labor, and are less than 25 minutes! If you’re interested in the workout email me at email@example.com [*Consult with your doctor before beginning any type of fitness program.]
8. Maternity Denim – I was surprised to find how in love with maternity denim I would be! From a perfect skinny fit, to cute distressed styles and washes, this brand is my favorite, I have 4 different variations.
3. Looking for Fall inspo? Check out the tablescapes, decor and recipes that have me inspired.
4. Pregnancy has my skin totally out of whack. This mask is one of my go-to’s and so is the cleansing sponge. Definitely trying out this detoxifying cleanser, in this perfectly poreless trio, this weekend.
I’ve been making this insanely delicious banana bread since college. I adapted the recipe from this cookbook, and swapped some of the ingredients to make it gluten-free. Even though it’s vegan, people still rave about it being the best banana bread they’ve ever had. It’s a must try for Sunday morning!
It feels like my first trimester has flown by. I’ve been really lucky to only experience morning sickness twice. At the beginning, I wasn’t feeling well in the evenings and waking up in the middle of the night nauseous. That all went away not long after, and other than feeling like I’m on a heavy dose of Dramamine everyday, I’ve been feeling great!
My cravings have ranged from cinnamon rolls to tortilla soup. I’m blessed with an amazing hubby that baked me vegan, gluten free cinnamon rolls from scratch one night, and traveled to 3 different grocery stores with me at 10pm on another occasion to find frozen organic french fries. He’s been the best! I’ve been sticking to my healthy vegan, gluten free diet, only upping my protein a lot, and indulging in the occasional craving, trying to modify it as a healthier version.
I’m sure I will be using these products throughout my entire pregnancy. They have really helped.
Belly Butter: I started using this at the very beginning. It keeps my growing bump well moisturized, dries quickly, and prevents stretch marks. Not just for your belly, my boobs started growing even faster than my bump, so I use it on them as well.
Peppermint Oil: This has been a Godsend when I have headaches, and also helps with stuffiness too.
Baby Book: The Baby Bump Book is packed with with great info, broken down by trimester.
On the Go Snack: I always try to keep a quick snack on hand to avoid nausea and headaches. Lightly salted pistachios are perfect and they are packed with protein.
Psi Bands: These bands really help ease nausea, especially during car rides.
BPA Free Water Bottle: This water bottle leaves the house with me wherever I go. I crave ice water constantly, and I love the larger size of this bottle, and I can still easily stick it in my handbag. The 2-way twist off lid makes it easy to add ice cubes, and fruit slices, and it’s dishwasher-safe!
We are overjoyed to announce that we are adding a new addition to our family May 1st 2016! We couldn’t be more thrilled and Hunter is so excited to be a big brother!
My usual outfit details and looks of the day on Instagram have been absent, since it is impossible to hide my growing bump, but now I can’t wait to share the norm, and keep you up to date!
There won’t be any shifts in my blog, just incorporating my pregnancy, baby items, and my maternity style, along the way.
Thank you for reading! We are so excited to meet our new addition!
I’ve read great things about this mascara for the longest time, and when I ran out of one of my favorites, I decided to give it a try. The only regret I have is not trying this sooner! It’s the best mascara I’ve used, even compared to my usual $30 finds, for under only $8!
After trying out lash extensions for my wedding and honeymoon, I felt like my real lashes were never the same. My full, long lashes weren’t there anymore, even using my favorite mascaras. This mascara brings them back to life. The curved brush version is great too!
2. Nordstrom: save up to 40% on sale items
3. J.Crew Factory: 50% off everything
6. Bloomingdales: save 20-70% on select items
I hope you all have a wonderful & safe Labor Day!