Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, make it easy with this gift guide for your guy.
Happy New Year! 2014 was filled with great memories, getting engaged, lots of road trips, vacations, and wedding planning. I’m so excited for our wedding year to be here, and to share everything with you along the way! I’ll be sharing my most coveted products of the past year including beauty, skincare and hair, as well as ones I’m itching to try this year.
Primer / Foundation / Winter Foundation / concealer / bronzer / blush / shadow primer / eyeshadow / eyeliner / eyelash curler / day mascara / night mascara / fiber lash mascara / brow pencil / brow shaping / brow gel / gloss / lipstick
In the dryer Winter months, I like to add a heavier foundation to my usual foundation and combine them for a more hydrating, long-lasting wear. What are the life-changing products you can’t live without?
These stuffed peppers are one of my Sunday staples. I’m always craving them, so I usually end up making them every couple weeks, because they’re so delicious! I make my homemade tomato sauce first and let it simmer a few hours. If you don’t have the time, a couple jars/cartons (60 oz total) of organic tomato sauce will work just fine. They also freeze well, for a quick dinner.
4 Organic Green Bell Peppers
1 Cup Quinoa, cooked (I season mine while it is cooking with parsley, oregano & black pepper)
2 Veggie Patties, microwaved (I use Amy’s Sonoma Burgers)
1/4 Cup Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Shreds (I use Daiya)
1/4 Cup Vegan, GF Breadcrumbs (optional)
1/4 Cup Dried Parsley
1/4 of an Onion, diced
1 – 2 Flax “Egg(s)” (For 1 Flax “Egg”: Mix 1 T Flax Meal with 3 T Warm Water, let sit for a couple minutes)
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
60 oz Homemade or Organic Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Wash peppers. Cut around the stem(s) and remove.
3. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and place in a 9 x 13″ pan.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients, except for sauce, in a large bowl. One flax egg should hold all the ingredients together well. (If not, use two flax eggs total)
4. Spoon mixture into peppers, filling them and packing them.
5. Pour sauce all over peppers, filling the pan almost covering them.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy :)
Not sure what to bring to an upcoming holiday party? These may come in handy.
Chevron Decanter // Gilded Cornet Cake Knife // Gilded Cornet Cake Server // Agate Gilded Coaster Set // Linen Monogram Cocktail Napkin // Gold Monogram Wine Stopper // Deco Barware Collection – Gold + Marble // Capri Blue Jar Candle // Draper Plates // Limited Edition Golden Monogram Mug // Cake Stand
1. Gucci Soho Leather Disco Bag 2. Mophie ‘juice pack air’ iPhone 5/5s charging case 3. Bobbi Brown Deluxe Lip & Eye Palette 4. Touch Tech Cashmere Gloves 5. ‘Basic Tech’ Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves 6. Loeffler Randall ‘Fenton’ Rain Boot 7. Starbucks Double Wall Traveler Gold Dot 8. Mophie Powerstation 9. Sam Edelman Gold Dax Sneaker
If there’s one makeup item I would choose to have over any others before leaving the house, it’s a brow product. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good mascara, but I have pretty naturally long lashes on my own. If I don’t have my brows filled in (in the parts I am still trying to grow out) I feel naked.
Until a couple years ago, I never filled my brows in at all, and looking back pictures, it makes the biggest difference. I wish I would’ve started much sooner. After a good almost 12 years of growing my brows back in after a bad pencil thin waxing experience, I’m almost fully there. The brow tools aid in the extra help I need for any sparse spots, and keep them shaped and clean.
Benefit Brow Zings (in light) is my favorite brow product. Most days this is the only one I use. The hard angle brush and powder are the perfect tools to give your brows a polished shape. The wax and blending brush fill in any sparse spots, and blend the two products together well.
Benefit Gimme Brow (in light/medium) is a great product to subtly fill in your brows, and make them appear fuller, as well as work as a brow gel to keep them in tact.
1. Lauren Conrad’s Cool-Girl Guide to Holiday Dressing.. I’m loving Lauren’s new locks! This shoot ups her usual simple meets classic style to a new notch of glam and edginess
2. Get Cozy.. 20% off all pillows, throws, bedding, and rugs going on here
3. The new unlimited program to hit Rent the Runway.. busy year? Your wardrobe will be once less thing to worry about
4. 6 Steps to a Sassy Ponytail
5. Checking off the gifts on your list, or having shopping spree is easier with $45 off $100 at Gap (use code SPREE)
1. Drybar The Morning After Kit 2. Urban Decay Naked, Naked2, & Naked3 3. Yves Saint Laurent ‘Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch (Limited Edition) 4. NARS ‘Audacious’ Lipstick (Raquel) 5. Boscia The Black Collection 6. NARS ‘NARSissist’ Smoky Eye Compact 7. NARS ‘Audacious’ Lipstick (Annabella) 8. Philosophy ‘have a cherry christmas’ Shampoo, Body Wash & Bubble Bath Ornament 9. NARS ‘Larger Than Life’ Long Wear Eyeliner 10. Kate Spade New York ‘Pasley Park Merit’ Zip Around Cosmetic Case 11. Younique Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes
The Drybar Morning After Kit keeps my blowouts in tack on the days in between. The Naked palettes are amazing, especially for travel, you have so many options. Yves Saint Laurent Eclat Radiant Touch is the only concealer I use, it’s subtle & great for touch ups & how cute is the limited edition packaging? Nars Audacious Lipsticks are a fave, Raquel has been my fave Fall hue. Boscia is my go to skincare line, this collection is the formula for luminous skin. Philosophy ‘have a cherry christmas’ is my favorite scent from their collection, it’s shimmery & smells delicious. Younique Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes ups the anty on any eyelash game!
Wedding planning has been so exciting, and so much fun. I can’t even begin to explain how much I can’t wait to marry my best friend, and how amazing this day is going to be. There are so many fun and exciting things that come along with wedding planning, as an event stylist, and having a serious love of putting pretty things together, I’m taking full advantage and planning every detail. For my bridesmaid proposals, I wanted to do something special. I hosted a brunch for them so they could all meet and spend the afternoon together.
In my bridesmaid’s proposal boxes, they received a Kate Spade Planner (with upcoming wedding festivities penciled in), a glitter covered mini bottle of bubbly, a swatch of the “pop” of color for the wedding, a post card of the location, in a matching box. (Purchase the Printable here)
The menu consisted of belgium waffles, yogurt parfaits, breakfast potatoes, bacon, fresh fruit, cupcakes and a mimosa bar.
I chose five bridesmaids total. My Matron of Honor is my best friend since 1st grade, my Maid of Honor is my best friend since preschool, my best friend from college and my future sister-in-law are bridesmaids, and my little cousin is my Junior Bridesmaid. My future niece is our Flower Girl.
Mascara may be my favorite beauty product. It’s such a great beauty enhancer and it instantly opens up your eyes, making them look more awake. I love my go to mascaras, Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll and Shocking, but when I started seeing results from 3D Fiber Lashes, I had to see what they were about. My only reservation was what they were made of, and what kind of product I would be putting on my eyes. When I found out it was an all natural product, made of green tea extract fibers, I was sold.
I ordered the mascara from a virtual party and couldn’t wait to give it a test drive. My lashes are naturally long to begin with, but this transformed my already lengthy lashes into much fuller statement lashes.
At first swipe, I sent a picture to my friends and family and everyone wanted to know what kind of mascara I was using, so I decided to host a Younique virtual party. My virtual party is open for 10 days, if you’re ready to jump on the band wagon, get yours here. They’re great for everyday, a night out, holiday parties or stocking stuffers.